- Posted by John (78.0.229.x) on November 13 2018, 1:15pm in 4450:
"Quote: "to figure out what you could do that would be useful"...this is the reason I feel best coders are self-thought. Schooling feels completely irrelevant in this area...which is awesome because I think humanity had enough of schooling institutions, they are like jails anyway...it's good to see new technologies are pushing us to think outside of the box in every area of our lives.
- Posted by John (78.0.229.x) on November 13 2018, 1:08pm in 4450:
I still remember that feeling when it took me like a month to actually start creating things and then one day you compile/run/whatever and THAT DIALOG is right there in front of you - little living and beautiful being - your own little program, alive and well, beating fast with enthusiasm wanting for you to use it, to play with it...oh the joy...
- Posted by Justin on November 13 2018, 1:28am in 4451:
These days I mostly just play with other people, sometimes at home I'll practice various skills but it's a rarity. About once a week I go "I should practice playing easy clarinet sheet music" too.. but it's hard to motivate, easier to get together with other people and jam :)
- Posted by Justin on November 13 2018, 1:27am in 4451:
Never as much as I should have to really get good, probably a 4-5 hours a week sort of thing.
- Posted by wasereb4 (94.134.90.x) on November 13 2018, 1:24am in 4450:
"Programming is a joy" - when the things one wants to program work out, otherwise maybe not always. :)
- Posted by MS from Sweden (83.185.81.x) on November 12 2018, 11:03pm in 4451:
How much did you practice back in the days?
- Posted by Justin on November 12 2018, 9:37pm in 4450:
Yeah, I always thought the hardest part of normal "traditional" programming was to figure out what you could do that would be useful.
- Posted by Pooooooooooony (94.230.200.x) on November 12 2018, 9:17pm in 4450:
Because REAPER always lacked things i need, i have learned some basics of EEL2, JSFX, WALTER, Lua and even made tiny C++ extension. It's laughable, because ~11 months ago i wasn't even able to place editcursor via script or to make simple 'for' loop :D Programming to me was always like Whooaa?! What all this symbols mean?! ))
- Posted by Justin on November 12 2018, 9:05pm in 4449:
Thanks! The songs are very loosely defined so I'd guess they are about 75% improvised but with things we end up going to/aruond...
- Posted by John (93.138.46.x) on November 12 2018, 6:50pm in 4442:
Schwa is what Carlos Castaneda calls man of shadows in your team :D
- Posted by John (93.138.46.x) on November 12 2018, 6:45pm in 4447:
Now, that's a first...I usually see you writing your own implementation of anything. Awesome, thanks for the info!
- Posted by Teee (70.178.64.x) on November 12 2018, 5:08pm in 4449:
I happened to stumble onto yesterday's stream. Good stuff. It ended up being the soundtrack to a couple of hours of doing some geometry. How much of yesterday's stuff was improvised?
- Posted by Justin on November 12 2018, 4:18pm in 4447:
On Windows and macOS we use the system-provided library for generating GUIDs, which are unique. On Linux we use the system random number generator which should be almost always unique :)
- Posted by John (93.138.46.x) on November 12 2018, 4:01pm in 4447:
But the number generation itself relies on date/time of import or something so the number itself should never be repeated? I find interest in this kind of stuff lately - can you recommend something from SWELL to see how these things work?
- Posted by Justin on November 9 2018, 2:40am in 4443:
My linux box also has Win7, and i actually have a thinkpad x1 with win10 and ubuntu on it too... :) and also a number of other computers that get used more rarely
- Posted by pooooooooooooony (94.230.200.x) on November 8 2018, 10:13pm in 4434:
Will be funny, if 6 won't differ from any other small update and won't bring something "big", how many butthurts will be :) , Earth will come out of orbit and will move straight to the Mars on that jet fuel, Elon Musk will envy.
- Posted by MS from Sweden (77.218.246.x) on November 8 2018, 6:19pm in 4443:
So when you test REAPER on Windows, that is done through Boot Camp?
- Posted by John (78.1.134.x) on November 8 2018, 3:48pm in 4440:
Fair enough. Sorry for bluntness of the question. I actually got the idea from here: producerbox.com
- Posted by Vitali (212.87.13.x) on November 6 2018, 4:07pm in 4438:
@Justin a crowd of fanatics.
- Posted by Vitali (212.87.13.x) on November 5 2018, 6:04pm in 4440:
@Michael I have already advised Justin to do that. :)
- Posted by Michael (213.87.132.x) on November 5 2018, 4:42pm in 4440:
Actually would be a good start point to at least add Reapack to the resources list in main website
- Posted by Justin on November 5 2018, 1:37pm in 4438:
Likes, a comment of "I like this" would suffice.. Dislikes... ugh no. who goes on YouTube and dislikes videos? so stupid.
- Posted by Justin on November 5 2018, 1:36pm in 4439:
Ah haven't played Just Cause. GTA SA was really good, spent a lot of time on that one too.
- Posted by Abhi (59.92.92.x) on November 5 2018, 9:11am in 4438:
Thanks! I'm glad to know :) what about 'likes', 'dislikes' feature? And 'share'? Haha, but please never add 'stories' feature. Facebook, after buying Instagram, already added that feature to itself and WhatsApp too XD
- Posted by Abhi (59.92.92.x) on November 5 2018, 9:07am in 4439:
You don't like GTA games? And Just Cause? :O
- Posted by Justin on November 4 2018, 8:37pm in 4439:
I'd be curious but probably I won't have a supported console/PC (PS3 and a 8 year old video card?)
- Posted by Pooooony (94.230.200.x) on November 4 2018, 4:20pm in 4439:
Are you curious to see, what they will make in new Resident Evil 2 remake, that will be released in Jan 2019, or you don't care about gaming anymore?)
- Posted by DRocks (135.19.15.x) on October 30 2018, 11:37am in 4420:
And Reaper is like your baby :) now grown teenager lol
- Posted by DRocks (135.19.15.x) on October 30 2018, 11:34am in 4427:
Nice one testing comments :)
- Posted by Vitali (212.87.13.x) on October 27 2018, 9:01am in 4434:
@Justin people are addicted to other DAW's policies, which make them think it is true about Reaper. They still can't realise you can add awesome features to non-big versions.
- Posted by Justin on October 27 2018, 1:42am in 4434:
(We keep adding stuff to 5.9x anyway)
- Posted by Justin on October 27 2018, 1:38am in 4434:
Seriously though, what's the rush? :)
- Posted by Albi (177.245.59.x) on October 26 2018, 11:41pm in 4434:
Nice try, Tobi ;)
- Posted by Justin on October 26 2018, 9:45pm in 4434:
@Vitali hah you're one for three...
- Posted by Vitali (212.87.13.x) on October 26 2018, 9:28pm in 4434:
@Tobias it will be released as soon as possible. New features are a brand new theme, articulation maps etc.
- Posted by Justin on October 26 2018, 7:12pm in 4434:
if I had an answer I probably would've answered ;)
- Posted by Tobias (109.41.129.x) on October 26 2018, 3:07pm in 4434:
at least i tried ;) have a nice day!
- Posted by MS from Sweden (77.218.246.x) on October 25 2018, 10:44pm in 4432:
REAPER on Apple Watch when (just kidding :)
- Posted by Justin on October 23 2018, 10:53pm in 4430:
Happy to help, just email or forum is probably a better venue :)
- Posted by ppppp (46.252.213.x) on October 23 2018, 7:59pm in 4430:
ok, not a big deal
- Posted by MS from Sweden (77.218.246.x) on October 22 2018, 11:03pm in 4427:
askjf.com; the new "Facebook killer" :P
- Posted by Albi (177.245.59.x) on October 22 2018, 8:46pm in 4427:
Wow, that was fast! Nice :)
- Posted by John (93.138.127.x) on October 22 2018, 7:53am in 4427:
Man...this is awesome. Thank you for all the work you do, I'm speechless :O
- Posted by Justin on October 22 2018, 12:51am in 4427:
No promises but yeah
- Posted by Will (23.125.224.x) on October 21 2018, 7:45pm in 4427:
Will you be reading the comments too, Justin?
- Posted by MS from Sweden (77.218.246.x) on October 21 2018, 1:27pm in 4427:
I like this!
- Posted by Justin on October 21 2018, 1:14am in 4204:
Here goes nothing, hopefully nobody makes me regret this.
- Posted by Justin on October 21 2018, 1:13am in 4427:
Is this thing on? Maybe.